- Street / Area: Jeddah ALMUTLAQ FURNITURE Jeddah Showroom Al Haddab Center - Tahlia Street Jeddah
- City: Cairo
- Country: Egypt
- Phonenumber: +966 2 6608265 +966 2 6608605
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.warde.com/
- Jewelery & bags details: Bags and Suitcases, Watches, Earrings, Bracelets, Necklaces, Rings, Sun glasses, Others
- Men or Women: Men, Women
- New or Used: New
- Listed: November 20, 2017 9:39 pm
- Expires: 245 days, 4 hours
Khalil Wardé (1864-1947) In the 1880’s, at a time when the Levant had already established fame for its location on the Silk Road, Khalil Wardé established a business of furnishing fabrics in Damascus, the illustrious capital of “Bilad El Sham” and a leading city of trade and business.
The enterprise rapidly grew in scope and importance at the regional level.
Wardé’s first establishment was quite a sight; located at the heart of the bustling Hamidiyyeh souk, the store was accessed from a tiny entrance which eventually gave way to a large central space with an impressive mezzanine and looming balconies. The place was strewn at all times with cloth and fabrics disposed on the floor, on chairs, adorning the balconies and hanging from the ceiling .
61 total views, 1 today