- Street / Area: Shop G05, Clock Tower Centre, V&A Waterfront
- City: Cape Town
- Country: South Africa
- Phonenumber: Tel: +27 (0)21 419 4751
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.fineartportfolio.co.za/
- Art and antique: Art, Antique, Others
- New or Used: New, Used
- Listed: October 13, 2017 4:41 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
South Africa’s wonderful melting pot of cultures has ensured an artistic diversity unrivalled in the rest of the world. Influences range from the simplicity of Palaeolithic dream-art of the San Bushmen to the raw cubism and colourful fauvism of the Masters; Picasso and Matisse.
The wide selection of South African art, South African artists and genres is evident in South African art galleries, both land-based and online. Investing in authentic South African art is guaranteed to provide a colourful and unique glimpse into the country’s fascinating hotchpotch of cultures, wildlife and scenery as well as enhancing any public or private space.
The history of art in South Africa is a fascinating and convoluted story of colonisers, struggle art and the emergence of a unique and exclusive genre, Township art. A blend of European and abstract African influences, together with the incomparable beauty of the South African landscape and wildlife, has ensured an exciting journey of artistic expression.
170 total views, 1 today