- Street / Area: 16 7th St, Melville
- Zip/Postal Code: 2109
- City: Johannesburg
- Country: South Africa
- Phonenumber: +27 011 482 5572
- Website: https://www.luckybeanrestaurant.co.za/
- Bars and restaurants details: Restaurants
- Restaurant details: Fast food, Fine dining, Bar, Cafetaria, Others
- Cuisine type: African cuisine, Others
- Listed: October 26, 2017 2:02 pm
- Expires: 156 days, 18 hours
Lucky Bean Restaurant
Lucky Bean: relaxed, warm and friendly. The attraction is really good, unpretentious food and the laid back, cosmopolitan style of the restaurant. There is always fine music and a great vibe.
Under the Lucky Bean Tree is where you come to rejuvenate yourself; to relax, slow down and breathe.
Our name is derived from the beautiful tree mural in the restaurant. This tree, the Erythrina Lysistemon is also known as the Coral Tree and “die Kanniedood nie (cannot die)”. It is called the Mophete in Tswana and the Umsinsi in Zulu.
Also commonly known as the Lucky Bean tree, it is used for traditional medicines (muti) and the seeds are used as lucky charms and as beads and necklaces. The trees were planted on the graves of Chiefs.
101 total views, 3 today