- Street / Area: Brabant street
- City: Port Louis
- Country: Mauritius
- Phonenumber: +230 5445 9100
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.lifan.mu
- Motorcycle sale details: Motorcycle sales, Scooter sales, Motorcycle repair and service, Motorcycle parts, Motorcycle export, Accessories, Others
- Bicycle sale details: Bicycles, Others
- New or Used: New
- Listed: October 16, 2017 1:44 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
LIFAN Mauritius; Where Quality, Affordability, Performance and Excellent service meet! We guarantee the best value for your money! Performance and reliability are now accessible to everybody!
Lifan started as a motorcycle repair shop in Chongqing in 1992 by former political dissident Yin Mingshan and 9 employees. The company has grown rapidly. In 2001, Lifan was the first Chinese motorcycle brand to be sold in Japan. In 2003 they started building buses and in 2005 they started to focus on automobile production. They have become the 3rd largest producer of motorcycles in China for 2012, producing just over 1.4 million units in 2012, and one of China’s top 500 companies.
Globally, Lifan is one of the more visible brands, preferring to brand the motorcycles with their own name and selling them to retailers, rather than branding for importers. They have expanded their production operations to countries such as Thailand, Turkey and Vietnam.
As Lifan has a strong presence in the markets of developing countries, they have their sights set on entering the markets of developed nations.
In 2011, Lifan started a strategic partnership with MV Augusta, which seems to be a move which will allow Lifan to improve QC issues and start producing larger displacement motorcycle engines.
549 total views, 2 today