- Street / Area: P.O. Box 62,000
- City: Nairobi
- Country: Kenya
- Phonenumber: 067-5870001, 067-5870002
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.jkuat.ac.ke/
- Education details: Schools and universities, IT and computer studies, Business studies, Farming and Agriculture schools, Medical and Nursery, Others
- Listed: July 14, 2016 6:11 pm
- Expires: This ad has expired
Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology Kenya
Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology Kenya is situated in Juja, 36 kilometres North East of Nairobi, along Nairobi-Thika Highway.
It was started in 1981 as a Middle Level College (Jomo Kenyatta College of Agriculture and Technology (JKCAT)) by the Government of Kenya with the generous assistance from the Japanese Government. Plans for the establishment of JKCAT started in 1977. In early 1978, the founding father of the nation, Mzee Jomo Kenyatta donated two hundred hectares of farmland for the establishment of the college.
The first group of students were admitted on 4th May 1981. H.E. Daniel Arap Moi formally opened JKCAT on 17th March 1982. The first graduation ceremony was held in April 1984 with Diploma Certificates presented to graduates in Agricultural Engineering, Food Technology and Horticulture.
On 1st September 1988, H.E. Daniel Arap Moi, declared JKCAT a constituent College of Kenyatta University through a legal Notice, under the Kenyatta University Act (CAP 210C). The name of JKCAT officially changed to Jomo Kenyatta University College of Agriculture and Technology (JKUCAT). It was finally established as a University through the JKUAT Act, 1994 and inaugurated on 7th December 1994.
A University of global excellence in Training, Research and Innovation for development.
To offer accessible quality training, research and innovation in order to produce leaders in the fields of Agriculture, Engineering, Technology, Enterprise Development, Built Environment, Health Sciences, Social Sciences and other Applied Sciences to suit the needs of a dynamic world.
To set trends in Higher Education, Research and Innovation.
To provide directly or indirectly or in collaboration with other institutions of higher learning, facilities for university education including agriculture, scientific, cultural, technological, and professional education, and integration of teaching, research and effective application of knowledge and skills to the life, work and welfare of citizens of Kenya.To participate in the discovery, transmission and preservation and enhancement of knowledge and stimulate the intellectual participation of students in the economic, technological, agricultural, professional and cultural development of Kenya.
To play an effective role in the development of agriculture and technology in conjunction with the industry and to provide extension services so as to contribute to the social and economic development of Kenya.
To cooperate with the government in the planned development of university education and in particular to examine and approve proposals for new faculties, new departments, new degree courses or new subjects of study proposed to it by any constituent college or other post-secondary institution; to determine who may teach, what may be taught, how it may be taught and when it may be taught at the university.
Core Values & Philosophy
University Core Values
– Quality – The university shall always be quality driven in all its activities and operations.
– Teamwork – The university shall maintain a culture of teamwork to ensure synergy in the conduct of its activities.
– Transparency – The university will maintain a culture of transparency in dealing with staff and students and all its stakeholders.
– Accountability – The university shall on a continuous basis enhance its accountability systems and practices.
– Professionalism -JKUAT shall put emphasis on expertise and professionalism in the conduct of its activities and provision of service to all stakeholders.
– Innovation – The university shall endeavour to utilize the latest, up-to-date and most appropriate technology in achieving its objectives.
– Integrity -The university shall be honest, truthful and reliable in the provision of services to its customers.
– Dynamism – The university shall be responsive and adjust its programmes and services to the changing national and global development needs.
JKUAT values the need for transformational leadership to steer the University towards achieving her vision and mission and contribute towards the social and economic development of the country.
JKUAT shall endeavour to attract, develop, motivate and retain a multi-skilled workforce while nurturing a consultative working environment.
JKUAT shall adopt and utilise ethical standards and best practices in training, research and innovation in order to produce dynamic leaders.
Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology,
P.O. Box 62,000 â€“ 00200 NAIROBI, KENYA
Registrar Academic Affairs (AA)(For Academic Queries)
Chief Security Officer
Nairobi CBD Campus
Pension Towers â€“ Loita Street,
P.O. Box 62000 â€“ 00200, Nairobi.
Kabarsiren Avenue, Off Waiyaki Way,
P.O. Box 62000 -00200, Nairobi
Tel: 020 â€“ 4447769, 0729958003, 0708241204
Bogani Road, Off Langata South Road,
P.O. Box 62000 â€“ 00200, Nairobi,
Mombasa CBD Campus
Mombasa Trade Centre,
P.O. Box 81310 â€“ 80100, Mombasa.
Tel: 041 â€“ 2315434, 0735628272.
Nakuru CBD Campus
Kwanza Motors Building,
P.O. Box 1063 -20100, Nakuru.
Tel: 051 â€“ 2216660, 07147 16957.
Kisumu CBD Campus
P.O. Box 3433 â€“ 40100, Kisumu.
Te: 0736693960, 0724333534,
Kitale CBD Campus
Mega Centre, Mak Asembo Street,
P.O. Box 3347 -30200, Kitale.
Kakamega CBD Campus
Ambwere Furaha Building,
P.O. Box 1014, Kakamega.
Kisii CBD Campus
Elimu Centre Building,
P.O. Box 268 â€“ 40200, Kisii.
P.O. Box 124-40700,
Eldoret CBD Campus
(Sirgoi House, Eldoret)
P.O. Box 62000 -00200,
Jkuat KQ Pride Centre
P.O. Box 62000-00200, Nairobi.
Kenya Airways Pride Centre
P.O. BOX 19002-00501,
Embakasi Road, Off Airport North Road,
Arusha CBD Centre
P.O. Box 16857,
Kigali CBD Campus
P.O. Box 3373,
Visit the website of Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology Kenya for more information. Click here.
916 total views, 1 today