Kenya Community Development Initiative
The Kenya Community Development Initiative (KCDI) is a non-profit Community Development Organization that partners with the Community Development Initiative (CDI) in Manchester, United Kingdom to promote sustainable development of different communities for social justice through institution building, partnerships and resource mobilization.
We undertake the following activities;
- Capacity building – We empower the community to be organized and to identify their development priorities. This ensures ownership of the solutions and the process.
- Inspiring the society to move from inertness to action on the pressing challenges facing the boy child in Kenya by bringing various partners to nurture and mentor boys between the ages 15 – 28 to become confident and responsible men while unlocking their potential to become leaders in their spaces of influence.
- Through the Girl Child Empowerment and Development Programme, we address gender discrimination challenges encountered by the girl child in Kenya through our grant making efforts and by working with other partners who are passionate about these issues that seek to give the girl child an equal chance to compete and lead a fulfilled life.
- Through our Youth Development Programme, we involve and invest in Kenyan youth, leading the way in designing and implementing national initiatives that target youth development. Our program focuses on life skills development, youth led entrepreneurship and employment creation.
- Through the Livelihoods, Environment and Climate Change Programme, we facilitate communities to mobilize resources and invest in community driven interventions that enable vulnerable communities to generate and diversify their income, enhance their physical and economic access to food supply while promoting sustainable natural resource management with the overall aim of improving their quality of life.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES.
- Work with the Program teams to implement planned activities.
- Schedule events and conduct trainings.
- Work with respective departments to develop a realistic timeline for program delivery.
- Follow work plans, schedules and timelines to ensure timely completion of activities.
- Document and record multiple program activities
- Applicants should have at least a diploma in Community Development, Agriculture, Economics, Entrepreneurship, Rural development, Social work or Gender & Development.
- Ability to speak fluently in both English and Kiswahili.
- Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for our internship opportunity, kindly send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 5th November 2017
143 total views, 2 today