- City: Washington
- Country: United States
- Website: http://www.gatesfoundation.com/
- NGO Africa details: Development, Education, Health, Others
- Listed: oktober 22, 2016 8:05 am
- Expires: 60 days, 17 hours
Gates Foundation BMGF
Gates Foundation BMGF (or the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, abbreviated as BMGF) is the largest private foundation in the world, founded by Bill and Melinda Gates. It was launched in 2000 and is said to be the largest transparently operated private foundation in the world. The primary aims of the foundation are, globally, to enhance healthcare and reduce extreme poverty. And in America, to expand educational opportunities and access to information technology. The foundation, based in Seattle, Washington, is controlled by its three trustees: Bill Gates, Melinda Gates and Warren Buffett.
All lives have equal value. We are impatient optimists working to reduce inequity.
Guided by the belief that every life has equal value, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation works to help all people lead healthy, productive lives. In developing countries, we focus on improving peopleâ€™s health and giving them the chance to lift themselves out of hunger and extreme poverty. In the United States, we seek to ensure that all peopleâ€”especially those with the fewest resourcesâ€”have access to the opportunities they need to succeed in school and life.
– That the path out of poverty begins when the next generation can access quality healthcare and a great education.
In developing countries, we focus on improving peopleâ€™s health and wellbeing, helping individuals lift themselves out of hunger and extreme poverty. In the United States, we seek to ensure that all peopleâ€”especially those with the fewest resourcesâ€”can access the opportunities they need to succeed in school and life.
– That by giving people the tools to lead healthy, productive lives, we can help them lift themselves out of poverty.
Every year, millions of people find ways to transition out of povertyâ€”by adopting new farming technologies, investing in new business opportunities, or finding new jobs. We know women and girls have a unique power to reshape societies. When you invest in a womanâ€™s health and empowerment, it has a ripple effect, helping families, communities, and countries achieve long-lasting benefits.
– We can save lives by delivering the latest in science and technology to those with the greatest needs.
We work with partners to provide effective vaccines, drugs, and diagnostics and to develop innovative approaches to deliver health services to those who need it most. And we invest heavily in developing new vaccines to prevent infectious diseases that impose the greatest burden.
– Resources alone are not enough, so we work to change public policies, attitudes, and behaviors to improve lives.
We partner with governments and the public and private sectors, and foster greater public awareness of urgent global issues.
Visit the website of the Gates Foundation BMGF for more information. Click here.
134 total views, 2 today