Africa ads for NGO Africa (30)
NGO Africa (Non Government Organization) is easy to find in the company register.NGO Africa, how to search in this category? Specify your search by using the right buttons on your screen.
Refine the Non profit organizations in:
Minimize your search region with the country and city buttons.
What is a NGO?
A non-governmental organization (NGO) is a not-for-profit organization that is independent from states and international governmental organizations. First of all they are usually funded by donations. But some avoid formal funding altogether and are run primarily by volunteers. NGO's are organized on a local, national or international level. Furthermore, NGO's are highly diverse groups of organizations engaged in a wide range of activities. Therefore they are organized around specific issues, such as human rights, environment or health.
Variations of NGO's:
- BINGO: (business-friendly international NGO or big international NGO); the Red Cross is one example of a BINGO.
- ENGO.: (environmental NGO); the World Wildlife Fund is one example of an ENGO.
- GONGO : (government-operated NGO), by definition not an NGO but an organization created by a government to resemble an NGO to further some agenda.
- INGO : (international NGO); Oxfam is one example of an INGO.
- QUANGO: (quasi-autonomous NGO), an NGO which may have some governmental members; the ISO is one example of a QUANGO.
- RINGO: (religious international NGO); the Catholic Relief Services is one example of a RINGO.
- Other NGO acronyms include DONGO (Donor Organized NGO), TANGO (technical assistance NGO) and MANGO (market advocacy NGO).
NGO Africa – African Agricultural Technology Foundation (AATF) In Sub-Saharan Africa, the resource-poor smallholder farmer battles against weeds, diseases and adverse weather conditions leading to […]
157 total views, 0 today