Ridge Church School
The Ridge Church School (RCS) was established in 1957 by the Accra Ridge Church (ARC) which owns it.
It is a private mission school / Christian institution offering a 9-year basic education largely in accordance with Ghana Education Service syllabus and preparing pupils for the Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) conducted by the West African Examination Council.
Proposals to establish the School were accepted by the congregation of the Accra Ridge Church at the Annual General Meeting on 23rd January 1955 and the Constitution of the Church was amended to enable the Church Council to establish a school and to be responsible for its management.
The Church set about raising funds and within two years, after the concept was mooted, the School was opened on 7th January 1957, with Mrs Ellen Stronge as Headmistress. To start with, there were only thirty three (33) children, in classes 1 and 2 but numbers increased rapidly. A third stream was added in 1978. The junior secondary school programme was initiated into the School in 1987. Subject teaching at the Upper Primary level of the School was started in September 2003.
The School now has a pupil population of 987: 466 boys and 521 girls.
22 total views, 1 today