- Street / Area: Liberia
- Zip/Postal Code: 2155
- City: Buchanan
- Country: Liberia
- Phonenumber: 27723502037
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: http://www.enshrineplacements.com
- Employer or job seeker:: Employer looking for
- Job details: Construction workers, Technicians
- Listed: December 4, 2017 12:08 pm
- Expires: 353 days, 6 hours
CAT Equipment Specialist Technician Required in Buchanan Liberia.
Our client is one of the largest private investors in Liberia and have an aim of providing more job opportunities and economic stability throughout the country.
They currently have an opportunity for a CAT Equipment Specialist/Technician to oversee the Maintenance of CAT Equipment to insure optimal availability of port equipment.
Primary purpose: Job description / core competencies:
- Perform maintenance on port equipment, including but not limited to Diesel Engines, GET’s, Gear boxes, Mechanical Drive Units, Bearings & Bushes, Hydraulic & Pneumatic Systems, Brake Systems, Grease & Lubrication Systems, Mechanical Seals, Valves & Pumps, Mobile Pump Units, Mobile Light Units, Mobile Equipment Machines to ensure optimal availability.
- Conduct proper maintenance inspections on equipment and ensure preventative actions are taken.
- Conduct proper lubrication practices to insure functionality and optimal operation of equipment/components.
- Ensure proper cleaning of equipment and components before stripping and assembling.
- Be able to do Technical Analysis to assist in fault finding.
- Perform basic lifting tasks.
- Adheres to the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHS act) activities and practices.
- Perform any other legal and reasonable request by Supervisor / Manager.
- Consult with colleagues on improving safety, security and maintenance of all equipment.
- Prioritize work load / breakdowns to maximize availability.
- Work alongside other departments and operational specialists.
- Assess equipment, components and create spares lists.
- Ensure proper and accurate record keeping of job carts, spares used, hours worked and history of work done.
- Cross train team members to ensure competency and optimal team flexibility.
- Continually improve and implement new techniques to optimize and improve the Maintenance System.
- Ensure optimal utilization of spares, tools and resources.
- Ensure correct maintenance practices are followed for all equipment and components.
- Ensure effective communication in relation with fellow colleagues and supervisor.
Health, Safety and Environmental
- Actively contribute to site safety policy and new initiatives.
- Attend daily safety talk meeting.
- Conduct Risk Assessment prior to work execution.
- Ensure regular workplace inspection to insure good housekeeping.
- Ensure all incidents/accidents are reported.
- Ensure all health, safety, environmental and hygiene risks in the work areas are identified and controlled.
Key (3-4) major business challenges or objectives job holder will need to address or drive in the next 12-24 months
- Implement and improve the level of maintenance practises.
- Ensure proper cleaning of equipment and components before working on them.
- Work area / workshop organisation.
Requirements of job holder to resolve the problems and respond effectively to the needs
- In-depth knowledge of CAT equipment maintenance.
- In-depth knowledge of lubrication practices and lubricants.
Key stakeholders & relationships that need to be managed by the position holder
- Spares Expeditor
- Maintenance Planner
- Tool store personnel
Measures of success after the first 1-2 years (KPA’s & KPI’s)
- Improvement in workshop / work area organisation.
- Improvement in equipment availability.
- Improvement in maintenance practices.
Potential consequences of the job holder NOT successfully executing in support of the specific drivers of the business/cultural priorities
- Equipment safety risk.
- Low availability of equipment.
- Damage to equipment and components.
- Waste of expensive components/spares.
Factors important to an individual’s cultural fit in this job
- Well-spoken (command of English).
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Adaptability and resilience.
- Good working and living relationships.
Organizational knowledge (e.g., systems, processes, products, services, etc.) necessary to operate effectively in this job
- Company policies and procedures
- Processes within department (maintenance planning and scheduling)
- Supply chain processes
- Equipment Electronic Technician
Job Qualification & Experience:
Education Requirements for this position (Formal qualifications)
- Grade 12 qualification
- Tertiary Qualifications – Vocational Technical Certificate Mechanic – Formal CAT training.
- Vocational Technical Diploma – Mechanical.
- International Artisan Certificate Diesel Mechanic.
Key experiences needed prior to taking this position Essential
- Significant experience (5 years) on CAT – Equipment Maintenance.
- Diverse knowledge and experience in the mechanical field.
- Demonstrated application of continuous improvement ideas.
Specific skills required for this position Essential
- Able to clearly demonstrate the aptitude to drive a heavy vehicle and hold a current Liberian driver’s license or be able to obtain one.
- Able to deliver results on quoted targets.
- Work systematically.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels.
- Able to read and write English at an Upper Secondary School standard.
- Auto-electrical experience.
Contact us for more information for the vacancy: CAT Equipment Specialist Technician Required in Buchanan Liberia.
18 total views, 1 today